The APAHO Scholarship is available to graduating seniors who are college bound for Fall 2017. It is available to students demonstrating high academic success and leadership in high school. The goal of the APAHO Scholarship fund is financially assist students of Asian or Pacific Island heritage.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Be enrolling in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2017
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be present at Asian Fest 2017 at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex on May 6, 2017
- Letter of Recommendation
- One letter of recommendation must be from an individual who knows you and is familiar with your community service and leadership activities. For example, a teacher, adviser, work supervisor, or community service leader can serve as a reference. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- Reference letters should describe the applicant’s community service, leadership skills, academic accomplishments and future plans. Recommenders should also include how the student and his/her community may benefit, if the student were to receive an APAHO scholarship
- Most Recent Transcript
- Current Resume
Scholarship Procedures: Scholarship awards are limited to three eligible students. Each student will receive a certificate of scholarship and $250. Deadline for submission of application is 4/20/17.
Deadline for application submission and required documents is April 20, 2017. Application and required documents can be submitted by US mail, online at http://www.apaho.org/scholarship-application or email.
Applications can be mailed to:
Tricia Orpilla/Asian Pacific American Heritage Organization
4857 Baxter Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462